Is it time for a change? Or will shaiya be gone soon.

At the moment, the consumer advice centre is warning of an increased volume of phishing e-mails.

Unfortunately, we have recently received more and more information that there are also e-mails in circulation that advertise an Aeria competition.

Such a competition does not exist. This is an unauthorized promotion.

In the email you will be asked to follow a link and on a deceptively real copy of our website you will be asked to enter your account information.

If you have received such a message, please delete it immediately. Please do not click on the link and never enter your account information on other websites.

If you have already followed a link from such a message, immediately change your password using the "Forgot your password?“ function on the website of your game.

Before you enter your account name and password, you should always check the URL of the website you are currently on.

• Dear Shaiyans, <3 ( And GM's (etc) if you take a minute to read our thoughts)

This topic is to talk about what will happen to shaiya when the GM's (etc) won't think about a change for the game.

As we all can see, the game is pretty much dead. Our PVE is dead, only because they wanted to focus on the PVP. What isn't bad, don't get me wrong. But is that what the game needs? Ofcourse if you focus on PVP, we as players have to spend more money to get our gear. Which is a typical stage of a game what is getting short on his money. Totally fine, its all business. But is that a smart way to handle? No. They focussed on PVP, which causes PVE to dissapear. Every player gets lazy, they will sit in cornwell ruins/ argilla ruins and sits there for days. Waiting till they hit lvl 80. Every map is empty, which causes the game to get boring. When a game is boring players who bring in the money, will search for a new game and they leave shaiya. If you pay a little attention on the game and the players you will see a lot of questions from new players: '' is this game worth playing? '' . Is this what you want? Do you want to have new players, asking people if the game is worth to play? I think not.. You want people to be like '' Wow, this game is worth spending my money on. This game is worth playing the half of my day. This game is worth telling my friend about so the game will get more players. '' - Effect: more happy players, more money they will get. Think about what the players of the game want, discuss about it what ever, but just listen to us. We are trying to help but we dont get any response, we're not listened to. Dear GM's (etc), are you really willing to give up a amazing game, for nothing? Because the idea's you guys had seemed to be great inside you're heads. But in reality its the worst thing this game ever had. It caused to have the most beautifull maps to be empty, hunderds of players to leave. I dont think this is what you guys want, right? The way i see this game now, i will give it 2 years till it has to be shut down dure lack of money. Just admit your mistakes, we don't mind. We just want this game to be fun again, with PVE, a nice PVP ( delete COG) and just listen to the players. Make a poll on the website ( LIKE WE USED TO HAVE) and let us decide with you. We can help you get a good game ( and u will get ur money)

A good game starts with the players, not with you're idea's.

Thank you for reading.

• We all want this. We want the game back as it was. Lots of people, quest struggles (because of the number of players online), parties, helping each other like before. Walking around and seeing people everywhere, doing something. Why'd you let it get that far? Didn't you get enough money before? Log in now GM's and tell me how many people you have online and how many of them are level 1 characters spamming that they sell gold/items for cash trough some websites. Is this how you like the game?

Did it have to turn from an uphill struggle to improve to a downhill spiral of bad decisions? How come none of the GM's/GS's saw this coming? You knew where it was heading and you let it. Greed is what kills every game, no exceptions. Official servers slowly die until they are either shut down or just full of bots, grinding and grinding non stop. Places where you can't say two words with anyone, because you are legit the only actual human being.

And Shaiya followed that path like a sheep. I remember going in the 1-15 pvp to complete some quests, having to play Normal, because Hard and Ultimate were locked until you reach certain levels. And I entered this battleground, started my quests and actually finished them and even tho I had bad gear I was still able to battle and do damage to people. Now? Now I enter and I get insta killed by the first person who sees me, because he has bought his pvp gear and just doesn't care. Why would you grind for it, right? I remember PvE Pagans, that had enough skills to do solo trains, but then some of the skills got removed. How to ruin a character in just one update.

All difficulties got unlocked, but what's the point? The point is now people can make UM char, donate for gear and just go in the 1-15 or 20-30 zone and live there forever. You've ruined your own game and refuse to return it to how it was, with a full wipe and a new beginning.

If you have no plans for that, why do you keep this site up? Why are the servers up? Just stop milking it already and let it die in peace.

It's sad.

• hi,

im a big spender and honnestly i would not mind a complete wipe.

im mostly online in pvp 15.

and this is totaly BS, i can be running around in 15 finding noone but a few farmers from both faction.

i remember pvp 15 as a zone that had 2 raids every day when i came home from school everyone noble and worship gear.

Pagans and mages having great skills.

even pvp 80 isnt as big as what 15 used to be.

make it so we can still farm lapis like it is now but bring back the old episodes... were even a nub with some noble gear and half enchants and links can do some decent damdge.

• Several changes to improve PvE, drops etc have been forwarded already. Some of the recommended things are already in game (ie: Mini bosses in 15 and 30 to give 15 toons something worth fighting for and improve PvP in zones). Other proposed changes affect leveling, drops and quests. Unfortunately … they do take time to write, test and implement. But ….. keep your eyes open …. there is more to come.

• Several changes to improve PvE, drops etc have been forwarded already. Some of the recommended things are already in game (ie: Mini bosses in 15 and 30 to give 15 toons something worth fighting for and improve PvP in zones). Other proposed changes affect leveling, drops and quests. Unfortunately … they do take time to write, test and implement. But ….. keep your eyes open …. there is more to come.

iv been hearing this nonsence for a long time now.

We get no ETA of when something is gonna come. there are no lists .. NOTHING

and you still want players to believe in this ?

all i see happening new bling bling for a poopload of money... and more pple quiting this game.

if you are a player that played from when the game started till the end you see the diffrence in 15 zone 30 zone and even in the most active zone 80.

they can bring out new costumes and all that **** but cant do some simple things that players ask to change cause its ruining pvp zones.

and its not much to ask.....

* make cheese lvl 16

* do a full wipe of eligal gear

* Give some classes there skills back

so everyone atleast can play the class they like to play.

those are easy changes...

keep making your rediculous non detailed costumes,

and see where it gets.

like said above this game has 2 years to go and its OVER .

BL4CKSTAR

• Most of the private servers are running on EP4, apparently the episode that if not everyone then most of the players enjoyed. You wanna tell me that you don't have the files from EP4 to just rollback all servers to it and maybe start with fewer servers and add the rest when the community expands? Come on..

• Eteo Cheese ………………. already suggested. A wipe of illegal gear also recommended. The skills also addressed.

I spent a while gathering and sending in recommendations / suggestions to [CM]'s. I absolutely don't mind writing up and sending another 'Player Morale and Gameplay Report' I will welcome any suggestions that are sent in to me via PM and will add them, forward report.

• Most of the private servers are running on EP4, apparently the episode that if not everyone then most of the players enjoyed. You wanna tell me that you don't have the files from EP4 to just rollback all servers to it and maybe start with fewer servers and add the rest when the community expands? Come on..

or why dont they ad another server ontop of the 4 servers we already have and make it a lower episode ?

and btw they are prolly doing all this nonsence for money reasons but ..; your not gonna tell me that this makes more money the nwhen this game was in ep 4 with 1000 x more players.

thats BS. the fckt up with some updates and simply have to reroll it.

i dont mind my big ranks and my gear and my costumes and what so ever i just not see the point in playing anymore if its just gonna be me in the zone.

• I don't mind losing anything as long as this game has it's users back on an earlier episode. I've told a friend about it and I've played it with another one, but with the second one the game was pretty much dead and it was about 2 years ago, so I don't know what kind of patches are being released and what kind of changers are being silently made, but I don't see the result of that. You keep a game that long without wiping, of course it'll slowly, but surely die with time. Nobody needs an update on the current episode. I am looking for an MMO to play and am just tired of playing WoW, but in it's current state Shaiya is garbage..

• I don't mind losing anything as long as this game has it's users back on an earlier episode. I've told a friend about it and I've played it with another one, but with the second one the game was pretty much dead and it was about 2 years ago, so I don't know what kind of patches are being released and what kind of changers are being silently made, but I don't see the result of that. You keep a game that long without wiping, of course it'll slowly, but surely die with time. Nobody needs an update on the current episode. I am looking for an MMO to play and am just tired of playing WoW, but in it's current state Shaiya is garbage..

honestly this game has so much potential.

and they used it very well at first.

so idk why we dont roll to ep 4 or something and then if they still want to make more money implement costumes and what so ever.

now all the servers are together TR server US server so on so on ..; it can still be like that. just in ep 4 and if we roll back that emediatly fixes the cheese problem the

the eligal links and eligal oj problems.

i think this should be voted on.

make this a choise players can make.

BL4CKSTAR:/

• I have played Shaiya since I was 12 years old. I started playing back in 2008, when PvE was booming and you had to fight just to kill a monkey on map 2. Quests were worth doing, and all the maps had a purpose. Spending money to play the game was a bonus, but an optional bonus. You could play and have fun just like everyone else without spending your life savings on it. Unfortunately, it's become all about money for whoever is running it now. PvE is dead, there is none. Every map besides PvP maps are completely dead. Any new player that is under the age of 20 with a loaded bank account can most likely not do anything in the game. That is why we see almost no new players being able to stay with the game. They start playing, realize its only for the people willing to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, and give up on it. Let's be honest, it's an old, outdated game. It should NOT be so expensive to play it. I personally think it's really disgusting what has happened to it, and I feel heartbroken for the friends I have who play it and desperately try to "farm" to get worthwhile items, but we all know that farming will get you nowhere. The drop rate for rate items is so low its laughable. I would LOVE to see a more even playing field for new players, so that we can start gaining more players instead of losing them. This game will die, 100%, if they don't change something soon. It's a pay-to-play game, and it's honestly ridiculously expensive.

They tell us nothing! If they won't do something faster it will be dead before they finished writing code's. We don't even get patch notes anymore. ( at least i cannot find them anywhere ) Everyone reads how people are complaining about PVP. so i dont see a improve at all..

We have a voice too but they don't listen to us.

• They dont wanna see the reality! They are all sucked up inside their fantasy about a great game. They had great idea's but it wasnt great for the game. We are getting told nothing and they keep making decissions what is killing the game more. I used to play this game every day and i even played it till midnight when i was supposed to be on bed because i had school on the next day. Now i dont even bother to log in anymore because i know that if i walk in a map i will see maybe 2 people if i have luck. I play this game since 2012 and i have seen all the mistakes they had then, but they would instantly fix it and we all we're happy. Now its only moneymoneymoneymoney. I can tell you, i study finances, i study for my own business. They won't make it till the 2 years. People are not willing to pay hunderds of dollars for a game what isn't worth playing that way.

The fun part is, i wanna play this game. But its so boring after 5 minutes.. Even the PVP-ers are bored sitting somewhere waiting till 1 person is trying to farm in jungle or whatever. This has to change.

We don't want new costumes or mounts. We want our game back.

• People have been saying that this game will die soon since I started in september 2010. :sleeping:

Goin back to old shaiya is boring. Changes makes the game stay fresh. Just think the episodes as new games. Like Shaiya 1, Shaiya 4, Shaiya 8 and so on. They just need to fix the things that are wrong and make it enjoyable for both AP buyers and free players then every thing will be fine. Like fixing so people farm and level on the maps instead of sitting in a Cave. And fixing the classes in the lower Pvp zones so any class can kill any class. And Fix pvp so Dread gear and heroic acc can be used in 30 pvp and so on. Max OJ are way to expensive to be used on dread sets. Can't get the Op value back when Selling dread sets. And Heroic acc can be used buy more o less any class exept mages, who need Titians. ^^

• People have been saying that this game will die soon since I started in september 2010. :sleeping:

Goin back to old shaiya is boring. Changes makes the game stay fresh. Just think the episodes as new games. Like Shaiya 1, Shaiya 4, Shaiya 8 and so on. They just need to fix the things that are wrong and make it enjoyable for both AP buyers and free players then every thing will be fine. Like fixing so people farm and level on the maps instead of sitting in a Cave. And fixing the classes in the lower Pvp zones so any class can kill any class. And Fix pvp so Dread gear and heroic acc can be used in 30 pvp and so on. Max OJ are way to expensive to be used on dread sets. Can't get the Op value back when Selling dread sets. And Heroic acc can be used buy more o less any class exept mages, who need Titians. ^^

your right,

i think going back episodes would be good to, but i dont disagree with you.

they actualy just have to fix the gap between classes ( make some classes stronger or some classes weaker )

and then fix the gap between farmers and pvpers.

i remember running around in 15 when everyone was noble worship.... and it took more then 1 hit to kill my nub char. i was even able to go with the big dogs ( pvpers ).

because believe it or not a nub in that time was able to do some damadge even if it was just the posion skill of the archer that did damdge over time.

2 half geared pple and a nub with no gear were able to kill a fully maxed toon.

now if i see how much damdge i do on a farmer....... 10 k -14k with my pagan in 15 and they have maybe 2k hp .. its such BS.

the gap is to big and id like to see that people that come here to try it out can farm some imperial gear in 15 or something and some lapisias that drop there and some decent lapis... maybe even a lucky charm with a low chance of dropping to give pple a chance to Grind hard and get a decent set.

BL4CKSTAR:evil:

• I started with nub nobel set and could pvp with that. Then i got strong worship gears and got killed by 2 nubs using stunns and poison on me. Now ubers are too powerfull. I Think releasing Xmas acc and HT acc in 15 zone was a mistake. It made every one too powerfull. Should be lvl 16+

My canta mage got maxed legend set, Maxed HT acc, semi maxed Titan amulet. I even moved all statpoints from attack to rec this morning and i still die too easy becouse of stuns and hard hitting War/def skills wich are instant and no cast time and short cool down unlike my skills. Mages can only do dmg when not under attack becouse Magic Arrows are just a pea shooter. My mage use to be strong and could take hits and do dmg but not now. Or maybe i'm just a nub who don't know how to play mage. This game is no fun any more. But i still want to play shaiya. ?(

Im working on a canta ranger set. if that don't work i go with fighter like every one else, unless Mage class get fixed.

• I started with nub nobel set and could pvp with that. Then i got strong worship gears and got killed by 2 nubs using stunns and poison on me. Now ubers are too powerfull. I Think releasing Xmas acc and HT acc in 15 zone was a mistake. It made every one too powerfull. Should be lvl 16+

My canta mage got maxed legend set, Maxed HT acc, semi maxed Titan amulet. I even moved all statpoints from attack to rec this morning and i still die too easy becouse of stuns and hard hitting War/def skills wich are instant and no cast time and short cool down unlike my skills. Mages can only do dmg when not under attack becouse Magic Arrows are just a pea shooter. My mage use to be strong and could take hits and do dmg but not now. Or maybe i'm just a nub who don't know how to play mage. This game is no fun any more. But i still want to play shaiya. ?(

Im working on a canta ranger set. if that don't work i go with fighter like every one else, unless Mage class get fixed.

you are legit not a bad mage.

you show more skill then Armatka, its just mages pagans are so pused down... like were is it fair that Wars and guards in 30 have 5 more slots on there shield .... thats how many slots a pag or any other class is missing.

its streight out rediculous.

and trust me im not the guy who wants to play war and guard.... this game forced me.

so if you change to Fighter bro i get it... iv been the same they force you.

but 100 % if they change skills to what it used to be in 30 for pagans and mages im selling my war set and im going pagan.

because thats the class i truely love to play .

BL4CKSTAR:P

• Guys we know all of the concerns and unhappiness with this episode. We know you want your classes more balanced. The frustration is real and for a lot of us as well. I also know you feel like you are not heard but trust me you are. We as a team voice the same concerns that you guys have.

The lag, the loss of players, the exploits and the imbalance have all but made the game in a lot of ways not the shaiya we grew to love.

We have told them for many years, yes Shaiya is a older game but the pvp here has been some of the best in most games of this kind. That's why we came, that's why we keep returning.

I can tell you as a GS the CM's and GM's and Devs are in the loop and they know whats going on however sometimes its not so easy as flipping a switch to find the right balance and or fixes.

But they are working on a few things to try and they do know your concerns.

• It doesnt take em any time to poo out a new costume tho lolz.

like i said before, they are waisting more time on things that pay them amediatly then looking further into the future. we have been losing players for some years now.

i still see costumes comming i still see new M boxes comming.....

they aint doing anything .. and are lieing to you aswell that they are bussy doing something.

they had the skills before its not hard to simply implement the skills we used to have .. the skills that made the classes more equal.

your talking like this is rocketscience.

they are giving everyone some bs excuse and pple are dumb enough to believe it.

BL4CKSTAR <X

• We have told them for many years, yes Shaiya is a older game but the pvp here has been some of the best in most games of this kind. That's why we came, that's why we keep returning.

I can tell you as a GS the CM's and GM's and Devs are in the loop and they know whats going on however sometimes its not so easy as flipping a switch to find the right balance and or fixes.

But they are working on a few things to try and they do know your concerns.

Let's talk about this.

GS's, CM's and GM's keep leaving and returning, with promises for change with every return and yet people are still waiting. Just like in politics.

It is not easy as flipping a switch, but is easy as rollbacking to an older episode and working with those files. You know..the archives. Nobody is asking you to re-write the game.

Seems like the only team working is the "costumes" one, as it actually brings money in.

• Thank you for the info GS Diamond. Looking forvard to see the results. I hope Level 30 mage/pagan class will be improved. ^^

And guys, don't forget that AEG have changed a few complaints. Like removing cast time on magic Arrows (mage/pagan skill) for example so they are not ignoring us. Just keep on giving feedback and things will get better. Some times it takes time with planning and all. :)

Feedback here: Feedback

Edit:

Or Here if it's still in use: http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/node/2848

• Guys I know, and we have told them the same as you. The players here don't want new costumes. We crave balance and fixes. I promise you this I have personally spoken to the devs on this myself. I have also been told there are several things in the works, I cant speak on them however. I also know all the promises we were given as player since this epi started and have brought this up.

Hopefully soon you will see good things coming our way. Is the best I can do guys I assure you we are trying.

• I'm strongly in favor of them doing something. A few ideas I have is for them to open an episode 3 or 4 shaiya server (preferably episode 3). Or, maybe try making episode 9 with new maps and a more balanced system of classes. I must stress that episode 9 would only work if they made the game less pay-to-win. If something isn't done soon, I estimate that the game will be dead within the next 6 months. I'm playing GRB right now. Basically, I haven't seen a single person talking on trade chat. Most weeks, there are less than 30 ranked guilds. That means that fewer than 30 guilds participated in GRB. The population of Shaiya is significantly lower than the population of Etain was, prior to the server merge. I've been playing shaiya for 10 years. I was 10 when I first discovered Shaiya. I've literally been playing this game for half my life. This game has been there for me, through thick and thin. I remember when I was in 5th grade, my favorite time of the day was when I got home from Elementary school and could hop on my favorite game. Or, when I was in middle school. When I was bullied and got in a fight, this game would help me calm down and feel better when I got home. Being the first one on after maintenance on Wednesdays to kill Haruhion and all the bosses, or enjoying monster madness. Those were good times. Even when I graduated high school, this game was always fun to just hop onto when I got home. There were times when I had quit for a while, but I always came back. I've even met people in this game who would be my best friends for life. Please make Shaiya great again, otherwise it will all end. I feel like Shaiya is already in its end stage. I can guarantee you, if it does end, I will be the last one on when the servers go offline. Me and my friends will play it non-stop during the last month. Afterward, I might just go play fortnite or something. For now though, I ask that you make it last at least a few more years by fixing it and making it great again. I want that old-fashion episode 3 feeling. That same old excitement this game has brought me time and time again. With that, I atleast ask for some kinda ep 3 or 4 server. Something nice to bring back what I always loved about this game.

• sigh i have been playing this game since i was probably 7 or 9 years old my god brother introduced me to it, which was the first game of an MMO genre i played and i used to nag my bro to get of the computer and i would be just so excited to get on the game and its pretty much what made me love playing most games in general and if you guys don't suck it up and fix your mess this game will be finished, which is not what i want because it reminds me of my childhood e.g it gives me almost flashbacks of my childhood p.s i cracked my head twice when i was very young and to have that connection its deeply wonderful and don't worry guys im fine ha just don't remember much of my childhood anymore.

Anyways im gonna point out some things if you don't have enough people to help with fixing the game find people im sure that most people who play the game now would help you guys or developers in any kind of way and yeah i know what im talking about i also dream to become a game developer of my own. also fix GRB its so trying and boring it needs something more like a challenge of some kind also i don't believe pvp is fair anymore sometimes i have to spend my money in a different route which helped me grow but i still yarn for more of a challenge that will enable me to kill higher players trust me i have done that and it was hilarious i think i might have even killed a gs lazying around like whats up with that their supposed to be there to in force the rules and not only help the players with any kind of queries.

Also the loot rate is a definite problem you need to make the percentage code higher to get better loot to farm because its fun to do stuff like that i remember in ep3 when i found my first lapis and i sold it and got a very good helmet for it i was so happy and i think i even killed a lightie on the same day. This game has created so many memories for many players im sure don't let that die now. Get of your lazy asses and listen and take our ideas in and do something about it rather than sulking in your chairs because if i was in your shoes i would make ideas until it fills the whole page.

Furthermore with the wings quest you have to make that a bit more easier for people who don't have money to pay for wings to get of of trade chat its ridiculous of how many people are stronger than us. i also think you should bring back one of the old theme tab bars those were so original and amazing i loved the old style of it and there should be more challenging bosses and even a goddess fight bloody hell even i could think of a story line.

Moreover i just literally thought of a idea create a third race which would be able to fight the other two races to gain something hugely important