Inactive Players Genname

At the moment, the consumer advice centre is warning of an increased volume of phishing e-mails.

Unfortunately, we have recently received more and more information that there are also e-mails in circulation that advertise an Aeria competition.

Such a competition does not exist. This is an unauthorized promotion.

In the email you will be asked to follow a link and on a deceptively real copy of our website you will be asked to enter your account information.

If you have received such a message, please delete it immediately. Please do not click on the link and never enter your account information on other websites.

If you have already followed a link from such a message, immediately change your password using the "Forgot your password?“ function on the website of your game.

Before you enter your account name and password, you should always check the URL of the website you are currently on.

• Should Inactive players be gennamed after 2 years of non activity 28

1. Genname inactive players (22) 79%
    2. Dont genname inactive players (6) 21%

English

As we all know, there are a lot of players who are inactive in Shaiya and most of them are never coming back to the game. Due to that fact, there are a lot of cool names stuck on inactive accounts, not being used by anyone, and going to waste.

I suggest that all the names of players who have been inactive for more than 2 years get Gennamed. Then, players who are active and new players can use original and cool names.

In case any of the inactive players choose to become active again, the characters that get Gennamed can be granted a free name change by prompting the user to change the character's name upon clicking on that character, the same way they did it with duplicate names when they merged all 4 servers Lailah, Teos, Etain, and Gaia.

Polish

Jak wszyscy wiemy, jest bardzo wiele graczy, którzy są nieaktywni w Shaiya i większość z nich już nigdy nie wróci do gry. Z faktu na to, że jest tak wiele świetnych imion zablokowanych na nieaktywnych kontach, nie używanych przez nikogo będzie się marnować.

Sugeruję aby wszystkie imiona graczy , którzy byli nieaktywni dłużej niż 2 lata zostały zmienione (Gennamed), więc aktywni, tak jak nowi gracze będą mieli możliwość użyć oryginalych i fajnych imion.

W przypadku nieaktywnych graczy, którzy zdecydują sie być znów aktywni, postacie których imiona zostały zmieniane mogli by otrzymać darmową zmianę imienia po zalogowaniu do ekranu postaci i kliknięciu w tę postać, w ten sam sporób kiedy imiona były zduplikowane po scaleniu wszystkich 4 serwerów Lailah, Teos, Etain i Gaia.

• Nooo. Just delete them. We had this at the end of 2012, characters inactive for 3+ years were deleted.

It's been over 5 years now, just do the same. People who are away for 3-4 years without a single log in aren't coming back (probably don't even use the same email), and even if they are, their gear and stuff would be close to worthless now.

• Nooo. Just delete them. We had this at the end of 2012, characters inactive for 3+ years were deleted.

It's been over 5 years now, just do the same. People who are away for 3-4 years without a single log in aren't coming back (probably don't even use the same email), and even if they are, their gear and stuff would be close to worthless now.

They didn't get deleted, they got gennamed cause of the merge with other servers, for example; if there was a Law in Lailah and another in Teos, then after the merge they'd be Law-1 and Law-2, then who ever logged first was able to name change and claim the name first.

• You cannot delete someone's toons no matter how long they have been inactive for.

I do agree that after 5 years of inactivity any gear left on the account would become close to worthless but their toons wouldn't be. The kills that they have earned and the time that they have spent to level up their toons would be both lost upon the deletion of their toons. Even if the level gap inscreases, leveling from the old level gap to the new one would take less time than leveling from 0 to the new level gap.

Gennaming inactive toons would allow active and new players to use those names. Deleting inactive toons won't really allow active and new players to do anything other than use the names of the deleted toons. So why even think about deleting inactive toons if it doesn't change what the active and new players can do?

Deleting inactive toons would just be unfair towards their owners. Stick to gennaming their toons.

• They didn't get deleted, they got gennamed cause of the merge with other servers, for example; if there was a Law in Lailah and another in Teos, then after the merge they'd be Law-1 and Law-2, then who ever logged first was able to name change and claim the name first.

I'm not referring to the merge, I'm referring to the actual deletion of old characters, which happened like 2-3 months after the merge (probably to reduce the DB size as we had quite some issues until then). I would point you to a forum thread about it, but...oh well.