- Game Guide
- Item Mall
- Buy One Get One
- GM Services EoM Discounts
- Time Attack-Helmets Lv80
- 1ap Shop
- Loot Forge
- Loot Wheel
- New Player Items
- Quest Items
- Tiered Spender
- Bonus Ladder
- Upgrade Items
- ☼ Ep7 Items ☼
- Costumes and Pets
- First Time Buyer Rewards
- Q. What is Shaiya?
- A. Shaiya is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). Players enter into a world where they can socialize and play the game with thousands of others simultaneously. The setting is based on fantasy, where players fight monsters and each other.
- Q. How many different factions are there in Shaiya?
- A. There are two factions at war in Shaiya, the Alliance of Light and the Union of Fury. The two races which make up the Alliance of Light are the Humans and the Elves. The Union of Fury is made up of the Vail and the Nordein (Deatheaters).
- Q. How many different Classes are there in Shaiya?
- A. Each faction has 6 Classes to choose from.
Alliance of Light: Ranger, Archer, Fighter, Defender, Mage & Priest.
Union of Fury: Assassin, Hunter, Warrior, Guardian, Oracle & Pagan.
- Q. After I purchase items from the Website Item Mall, where can I claim them?
- A. Item purchased from the Website Item Mall do not show up in your character’s inventory like items purchased from the In-game Item Mall do. You will need to go to a Bank Teller and open your bank to claim items purchased from the Website Item Mall. You may need to re-login if you were logged into the game during your purchase.
- Q. I’ve purchased an item which featured a rebate, where is my rebate?
- A. Rebates on purchases take up to 10 days from the date of purchase to be distributed. Please refer to the promotion details from our website or forum post for specific details.
- Q. Is this game free?
- A. Yes. Shaiya is free to download and play. Always has been and always will be.
- Q. How can I play?
- A. Just register for an account here. Then download the game here.
- Q. I have a question or problem not covered on this FAQ page. What should I do?
- A. If the FAQ or our website doesn't help you with your particular issue, you may want to seek out help from fellow players in the forums. You can find them here. If you still can't resolve the problem you can get a hold of one of our customer service representatives (Game Masters) on our contact page.
- Q. Does Shaiya run on Mac OS?
- A. We do not provide any support for the Mac Operating System. We also do not plan on providing this anytime in the future.
- Q. I cannot log into my account, what should I do now?
- A. Make sure that you are typing in your account name correctly, and not your character’s name. Account names are case sensitive. Then make sure you are typing in your password correctly as well, passwords are also case sensitive.
You may also want to try and reset your password which can be done here:
If you are still unable to log into your account, you may be banned. In that case, you can try for an appeal hereyou can try for an appeal here:
- Q. What are the system requirements for Shaiya?
- A. Please be sure to visit this page: http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/guide/sysreq
- Q. When I try to play, the Launcher gives me the error: “Cannot connect to server 12029c37”.
- A. This connection issue is due to an old or cached IP address. Reset your IP address by:
- In XP: Click Start and choose Run. Type “CMD” in press ENTER / In Vista: Click Windows, type “CMD in the search box and press ENTER.
- In the command shell (looks likeDOS) type: ipconfig /flushdns
- Press ENTER
- Close the command window.
- You can also try disabling your network connection and re-enabling it within Windows. If you have an external router, try power-cycling it. Then start Shaiya. If this doesn't seem to help, please try the steps in the next entry...
- Q. Why do I get the error “Download Failed: Cannot read file. c25” when I try to play Shaiya?
- A. This connection issue is usually the fault of firewall or anti-virus software. Try toggling your firewalls (if they’re on turn them off, if they’re off turn them on) and try these steps:
- If you have Windows Firewall enabled, set it to allow Shaiya.
- If you are on Windows Vista, make sure that it will allow Shaiya.
- If you have any firewall or anti-virus programs (ZoneAlarm, McAfee, Symantec, etc) make sure that they are not blocking Shaiya.
- If you are routing through a home network or a business, make sure that the network is not blocking Shaiya or cross-network access.
- If you are on Windows Vista 64 (64-bit, not 32-bit) you may be encountering an incompatibility issue with Shaiya. There is no current workaround for Vista 64-bit.
- Q. I try to play Shaiya, but my computer keeps restarting. Any suggestions?
- A. When any program repeatedly shuts down your computer, chances are you’re running Windows XP and Windows is encountering a conflict. In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error occurs. (Pretty useless if you're trying to troubleshoot, isn’t it?) To change the recovery settings and disable automatic rebooting:
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
- Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
- Restart your computer for the settings to take effect. Now when a fatal error occurs, you'll at least see it and it won't cause an automatic reboot. You still have to sort out what's causing the problem, but at least you’ll have a starting point.
- Q.How can I increase my chances of linking my Lapis and items?
- A. During our monthly tiered spender we often will offer a GM link in the upper tier; otherwise You can wait until your faction has earned the Goddess Blessing. The Goddess Blessing matched up with a good Linking Hammer from our Item Mall will give you the best chance to successfully link your Lapis and item. Make sure to have a Lucky Charm in your inventory to prevent anything from breaking.
- Q. What are the different Modes of Gameplay in Shaiya?
- A. There are 4 modes in total. First is Easy Mode. Easy Mode is like a tutorial mode where you can level faster, but your level is capped at 30. You earn 5 Stat and 3 Skill points per level.
Normal Mode is where most players who are familiar with MMORPGs will begin. You will not level as fast as in Easy Mode, but the cap is removed. Normal Mode characters are able to equip Dread Armor. You earn 5 Stat and 3 Skill points per level.
Hard Mode is unlocked once you have leveled a Normal Mode character to 40. This mode requires more experience to level up than Normal Mode. But you will be able to wear Legend armor. You also earn 7 Stat and 4 Skill points per level.
Ultimate Mode is the last mode and is unlocked once you have leveled a Hard Mode character to 40. This mode requires even more experience than Hard Mode to level up. You earn 9 Stat 5 Skill points per level. But if you die, you only have 3 minutes to be resurrected or your character will be deleted and you must start all over.
- Q. How do I take a screen shot?
- A. Press the [PrtScrn] button on your keyboard. This will save a screenshot of your game window into your Shaiya installed folder in the ‘Screenshots’ sub-folder.
- Q. How do I hide the User Interface while in game?
- A. Press [F11] to hide the user interface while in game. You can also press [F10] to go into First Person view.
- Q. I dropped a quest and cannot pick it up again. What do I do?
- A. You'll have to send in a contact ticket in order for our staff to reactivate the quest for you again.
- Q. I tried participating in a marketing or sales promotion but I can't find the stuff I was supposed to get. Where is it?
- A. All items acquired through marketing or sales promotions may be found in your bank. To access your bank, you will have to go to a bank teller NPC. There are several of them, but the easiest ones to find are in Iris or Apulune, the main cities for the two factions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question to display the answer.