Some disturbing things have been happening in the game and especially in PVP lately. There seems to be a lot of people screaming "hack", "bug user", along with swearing, inappropriate discussions, racist comments, and elitism occurring. First, let me point out that all of these actions are detrimental to the community. Second, it is not logical to insult, harass, or even ban each other and expect to have PVP players hang around. If you drive players from the game or have them removed from it who do you expect to PVP with?
Before you refer to someone as trash, or bug user, or hack, before you kick someone from a raid, before you look for a reason to have a player banned. stop and think about the possible outcome of your actions. Is what you are about to say or do, going to violate any condition deemed as inappropriate behavior? Is it really worth risking having all of your accounts banned just to get a few levels or kills? Is being one up and your opponent so important that you lose sight of your ethics and integrity? Do you really think that you are being cool by talking about forbidden subjects in public areas?
So to keep PVP active and enjoyable for all, I would like to remind everyone about conduct during PVP. I have posted some excerpts from Player's Ethics, Official Rules (concerning PVP), ToS, Harassment and Discrimination, Play Nice Policies, and some points from PVP Discussion Behavior. I'm not rehashing all of these topics, just pointing out areas in them that some people seem to be ignoring. Please be aware that the same conduct policies apply across all forms of Shaiya communication, be it in-game, forums, or Discord.
Please note that some players are banned during PvP due to violating conditions set forth in these topics. So please do not be surprised by any bans.
- The following actions are specifically prohibited:
- using content that may offend or defame other users or third parties
- Furthermore, the following activities are also forbidden irrespective of any legal violation when using the games and when communicating with other users (e.g. as a result of sending personal messages):
- sending junk or spam messages as well as chain letters
- propagating offensive, indecent, sexual, obscene or defamatory content or communications as well as any content or communications that promote or supports racism, extremism, hate, physical violence or illegal acts (whether explicit or implicit)
- harassing other participants, e.g. by means of repeated personal contact without, or contrary to, the reaction of the other participants as well as promoting or supporting said harassment
- propagating and/or publicly reproducing the content available in the games, unless this is explicitly permitted by the author or explicitly made available as a function of the game in question
- Any act aimed at negatively affecting the smooth running of the games is also prohibited, especially overloading the provider’s systems. In particular, the following acts are prohibited:
- using or advertising tools which interfere with scoring or the course of play (so-called “bots”, “hacks” or “cheats”)
- completely or partially blocking, overwriting, diverting or modifying the games and content made available by the provider
- deliberating exploiting programming errors for personal gain (so-called “exploits”)
- The following actions are specifically prohibited:
For serious violations, immediate termination is permitted without there being a need for a prior warning. A serious violation is a violation for which the provider cannot be expected to adhere to the contract. As a rule, this is
- if the user violates criminal laws;
- if the user uses the account or a game in an unpermitted manner;
- if the user provides incorrect data when registering or when paying for fee-based services;
- the user meets termination conditions when using any of his/her other accounts;
From Player's Ethics:
- You may not harass or threaten other players.
- You may not use any content, which is harassing, vulgar, obscene, abusive, threatening, harmful, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way.
- You may not organize nor be a member of any clans or groups within the Game that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
- You may not modify any part of the Game Client, Server or any part of the Game.
- You will not exploit any bug in the Game and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or indirectly, to any other Game player. You will promptly report any such bug via official and prescribed channels to Aeria Games & Entertainment.
- You will not operate any software that interferes with, or interacts with the game in such a manner as to provide an advantage to the user.
From Play Nice Policies:
In addition to the general guidelines listed in Player Ethics Guide, players are also subject to these supplementary rules while playing the Game and as these are considered as part of the Ethics Guide.
While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts in the Game, it provides a suitable guideline in which players can determine what activities are appropriate:
You may not use any language that is offensive, of racist nature, obscene or otherwise inappropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, all manners of swearing, threats, blackmail, discussion of recreational drugs, sexually explicit language and racism or anything prejudice. As offensive can be interpreted in many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel offended and act accordingly.
You may not harass other players. Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player , or group of players, to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed and act accordingly.
You may not discriminate against other players or groups. Discrimination is the treatment of a person based on the group, clan, or category to which that person belongs rather than on individual merit. As discrimination can take many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel discriminated against and act accordingly.
You may not disrupt normal gameplay. Any repeated activities that result in disruption of normal gameplay are prohibited. As defining normal gameplay can take many forms, it will be the mandate of Aeria Games & Entertainment to make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would be unable to play normally and act accordingly.
You may not engage in fraudulent behavior. Fraud is the misrepresentation of facts for personal benefit.
You may not operate a clan, guild, or any other group that violates these rules.
From Harassment and Discrimination:
... flaming or casting a negative image on broad or specific groups of people will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Everyone (trolling)
- Race, religion, or sexual orientation/identity
- Geographical region or nationality
- Aeria staff
- Players of any particular game
- AP spending or non-AP spending players
- Guild affiliation
- Faction affiliation
- PvP level affiliation
Do not attack groups with generalizations or stereotypes: This is behavior that is destructive to our community, and ruins the experience of everybody who visits...